Sunday, January 25, 2009

why hello

so i'm not a blogger. those of you who know me well....know this VERY well. BUT i'm making a change. mostly so that my niece will know my name. so here's a shout out to the ava. your aunt's name is NATALIE. (deb, this is where you practice....n a t a l i e). very good.

things of interest for today and/or thoughts of the day. aaron had me record some funny sounding vocals for some track he's putting together. it was incredibly fun and aaron was a very good vocal coach. his comments and I quote, "just put more air in it. stop supporting it. sound like a little girl." a betty boop visual was the key to unlocking my voice teacher's worst nightmare. ha. it was a pretty great diversion if nothing else.

Other thoughts. i'm rereading "On the Road" by Jack Kerouac. I read this book two years ago and thought it was ...well....not very captivating and scattered. BUT aaron claims it was a society changing book so i'm giving it a second chance. apparently he wrote the whole book on one long sheet of paper with no punctuation or paragraphs. so when I read it seems like a very very very very long road. ha. those intellectuals out there please forgive me, i'm trying!

well...another day of teaching tomorrow. i have two auditions coming up so we'll see how they go. keep an eye out for any events that need a singer. woot.

1 comment:

Chris, Deb and the Ava Jayne said...

so we viewed your update, and ava said... AARON! keep posting.